In the following compilation, Sziget preceded for example Glastonbury and Rock in Roma.
The guys at European Best Destinations like lists and rankings – and we are quite satisfied with it, because they usually mention Budapest in their compilations (and usually in really good positions).
This time they have ranked the European summer music festivals, and in their compilation, Sziget Festival can be found on the imaginary podium, on the third place. It is only preceded by Earth Garden in Malta and Tomorrowland in Belgium – the latter can be found on the top of the list.
‘The best time to enjoy a music festival is definitely the summer and Europe offers each year thousands of summer music festivals. We have selected for you the top 15 summer music festivals in Europe’ – they write.
Check out their list now: voila, the top 15 summer music festivals in Europe!
1. Tomorrowland – Boom, Belgium
2. Earth Garden - National Park, Malta
3. Sziget Festival – Budapest, Hungary
4. Exit Festival – Novi Sad, Serbia
5. NOS Primavera Sound – Porto, Portugal
6. Glastonbury Festival – Glastonbury, UK
7. Rock in Roma – Rome, Italy
8. Colours of Ostrava – Ostrava, Czech Republic
9. Soundwave Festival – Tisno, Croatia
10. Roskilde Festival – Roskilde, Denmark
11. Bestival – Isle of Wight, UK
12. Womad Festival – Shepton Mallet, UK
13. Bout du Monde Festival – Crozon, France
14. Bukta Open Air Festival – Bukta, Norway
15. Donauinselfest Festival – Vienna, Austria
If you visit Hungary in August, don’t miss Sziget Festival – the Island of Freedom is waiting for you between 7 and 13 August.
Like and share our article if you are a fan of Sziget Festival and Budapest. ;)