A businessman with Hungarian origins managed to be ranked in the annual ‘Forbes 400’ compilation.
Published a couple of days ago, Forbes 400 lists the richest Americans, worth a record-breaking $2.96 trillion. Top of the wealthiest businessmen in the States is Amazon-founder Jeff Bezos, while Bill Gates came in second and Warren Buffet is third in this prestigious compilation.
‘The youngest person to make the list is 29-year-old Snap, Inc. CEO Evan Spiegel, with the oldest being 96-year-old media magnate Sumner Redstone. Fifty-six women made the 2019 list — one less woman than listed in 2018’ – Forbes.com writes.
31st on this list is the CEO of Interactive Brokers, Tamás Péterffy, who actually has Hungarian origins. He was born in Hungary, but emigrated in 1965. He first worked as architectural draftsman but later became a computer programmer. Now with his net worth of 17.5 billion USD, he has a well-deserved place on Forbes magazine’s list.
The top 10 of the Forbes 400 list:
1. Jeff Bezos, 114 billion USD
2. Bill Gates, 106 billion USD
3. Warren Buffet, 80.8 billion USD
4. Mark Zuckerberg 69.6 billion USD
5. Larry Ellison, 65 billion USD
6. Larry Page, 55.5 billion USD
7. Sergey Brin, 53.5 billion USD
8. Michael Bloomberg, 53.4 billion USD
9. Steve Ballmer, 51.7 billion USD
10. Jim Walton, 51.6 billion USD