Oz Clarke believes in the bright future of Hungarian wines - check out his top 10 list here.
If you like good wine and regularly read about wines, you must have heard Oz Clarke’s name. He is one of the biggest wine experts in the world and also ambassador for Hungarian wines. According to boraszportal.hu, Clarke believes in a bright future for Hungarian wines and he recently revealed his top 10 list of wines that are most likely to be successful on the international market.
The expert visited the Hungarian Embassy in London back in May. A lunch with wine tasting was held there, and he was also invited. Visitors were able to taste around 70 kinds of Hungarian wines, selected by the Embassy. Oz Clarke was very enthusiastic when he was asked about the wines and emphasized the great tradition of wine production in Hungary.
He also said that international brands mean the past – younger people don’t want to drink what their parents did, they prefer exploring and new experiences. That’s why a lot of them prefer choosing local wines instead of international types.
Here comes his top 10 list of Hungarian wines:
- Majoros Dry Muskotály, 2015 (Tokaj)
- Kolonics Juhfark, 2016 (Somló)
- Kikelet Hárslevelű, 2015 (Tokaj)
- Barta Furmint, 2015 (Tokaj)
- Szepsy Birtokfurmint, 2015
- Attila Gere Black Járdovány, 2016
- Nimród Kovács 777 Pinot Noir, 2015
- Koch Kékfrankos, 2016
- St Andrea Hangács Eger Bull Blood Superior, 2013
- Dobogó Tokay 6 Puttonyos, 2008